Medium – Maine Blueberry Stone Earrings
Precious Metal: Sterling Silver
Stones: Oval Salt & Pepper Granite with Blue Azurite
Stone Size: approx 20x15mm oval
Average Length: 1 1/2″+/- (from top of wire to bottom of earring)
Every stone is unique – size and number of blueberries will vary.
These are a hoot! They’re fun, playful, and such a surprise. Maine is known for a lot of things: moose, lobsters, and of course, wild blueberries. Last year 86 million pounds of blueberries were harvested here in Maine. That’s a lot of blueberry muffins. Maine is the wild blueberry capital of the world. So when we discovered this new stone we knew we just had to have it. It’s a salt and pepper granite with little blue azurite spheres nestled within. Cut and polished, the blueberries appear scattered beautifully across the surface as only nature can do…we’ve never seen quite anything like it. Set in sterling silver with 18″ chain. Every piece is different.
Blueberry lovers, rejoice.
*From Maine? No! We wish though! This is a magical new world gem.
My neighbor Paula bakes and brings these muffins to the end of the road to give them out to neighbors who are cheering the runners in the Beach to Beacon race each year. I think she also offers muffins to the runners if it looks like they need a little pickup.
This recipe, when made right, rivals any muffin recipe ever made. It is just as good, if not better than my red-headed grandmother’s.
• 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh preferred
• 1/4 cup sugar, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers.
2. In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until well combined.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl and beating well after each addition.
4. Mix in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
5. Add the flour alternately with the milk, beating gently just to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
6. Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Add the mashed and whole berries to the batter, stirring to distribute.
7. Scoop the batter by the heaping 1/4-cupful into the prepared muffin pan.
8. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon granulated sugar atop each muffin, if desired.
9. Bake the muffins for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
10. Remove the muffins from the oven, loosen their edges from the pan, and after about 5 minutes transfer them to a rack to cool.
11. Makes 12 muffins.
Prompt free delivery is offered on all purchases shipped to mailing addresses within the United States.
Purchases under $1,000 are shipped free FedEx (please allow 4 business days for delivery). Upgraded to expedited delivery for $20.
Purchases over $1,000 are shipped free overnight. A signature is required on delivery.
Need a delivery to arrive on a specific day? Ask, we can arrange that. Would it be more convenient to deliver to your business address or directly to the recipient? We can do that too.
By providing us your e-mail address, you will receive tracking information on the progress of your delivery once it is shipped.
Orders Under $1,000 – Ship Free FedEx to arrive within 4 business days. Upgrade to overnight for $20.
Orders Over $1,000 – Ship Free FedEx Overnight or US Post Office Express. A signature is required on delivery.
To ensure that you love your new purchase we provide a full 30 days from the date of purchase for a refund or exchange.
And on all Christmas purchases, returns and exchanges are accepted through January 25th.
The average finger size is 6.5 for women and 10 for men. When no other information is available, selecting one of these two standard Cross sizes is your best choice. The ring can then be sized after presentation and sizing is free. If the finger size you want is not listed as an option please give us a call. If you have time and want to get the fit as close as possible in the beginning you can request our free finger sizing kit. Your free kit will arrive in 2-5 business days.
To send your friend information about your selection, complete
the information below and click the Send button.
Email sent successfully.
Please fill out the form below to receive your free ring sizer.
Request sent successfully.
Email sent successfully.